Recent Storm Damage Posts
Storm Damage Restoration: SERVPRO of Midland’s Swift Response
When storm damage strikes, you need a team that understands the situation's urgency. That's where SERVPRO of Midland comes in.
With our swift response, we'll restore your property and make you feel like part of our family.
Our expert team, backed by years of experience, is ready to tackle any storm damage restoration project.
Don't wait; trust SERVPRO of Midland to bring your property back to life.
The Importance of Swift Storm Damage Response
When it comes to storm damage, you must act quickly to minimize the extent of destruction and ensure an effective restoration process. A swift response is crucial in such situations. Storms can cause significant damage to your property, leaving you feeling vulnerable and disconnected. But don't worry, you aren't alone in this. SERVPRO of Midland understands your need for belonging and is here to help you navigate through the aftermath of a storm.
By responding swiftly to storm damage, we can assess the situation and start the restoration process immediately. This ensures that the damage doesn't worsen and that you can return to a safe and comfortable environment as soon as possible. Our expertise and experience show us how to handle storm damage efficiently, minimizing any additional harm to your property.
A speedy response also means that SERVPRO of Midland can prevent further issues, such as mold growth or structural damage. We have the necessary tools and resources to address these potential problems, ensuring your property is restored to its pre-storm condition. This gives you peace of mind and helps you regain a sense of belonging in your own home.
Additionally, a swift response allows SERVPRO of Midland to work closely with you throughout the restoration process. We understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring your needs and concerns are heard and addressed. By involving you in the decision-making process, they make you feel like an active participant in restoring your property.
SERVPRO of Midland's Comprehensive Restoration Services
Are you wondering what sets SERVPRO of Midland apart regarding storm damage restoration? Well, let's tell you about our comprehensive restoration services that make us stand out.
SERVPRO of Midland understands that when your home or business is affected by a storm, it can be a devastating and overwhelming experience. That's why we offer a wide range of services to help restore your property and restore a sense of normalcy.
SERVPRO of Midland has got you covered when it comes to storm damage. We have a team of highly trained professionals experienced in handling all types of storm-related issues, from water damage to mold remediation. We use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to ensure the restoration process is efficient and thorough.
One of the key services that sets SERVPRO of Midland apart is our 24/7 emergency response. We understand that storms can strike any time, day or night, and we're always ready to respond to your call. Our swift response time minimizes damage, and the restoration process can begin as soon as possible.
SERVPRO of Midland is the team you can trust regarding storm damage restoration. Our comprehensive services, swift response, and dedication to customer satisfaction make us the go-to choice for storm damage restoration. So, if you need restoration services after a storm, don't hesitate to reach out to SERVPRO of Midland. We will be there to help you every step of the way.
Expert Team and Years of Experience
SERVPRO of Midland's expert team and years of experience ensure that your storm damage restoration needs are met professionally and efficiently. When dealing with the aftermath of a storm, you want a team you can trust to handle the situation with expertise and care.
SERVPRO of Midland understands the importance of restoring your home and belongings after a storm, and our experienced team is dedicated to providing you with the best possible service. With a team of highly skilled technicians, SERVPRO of Midland has the knowledge and expertise to handle any storm damage restoration project. We have years of experience in the field, allowing us to anticipate potential challenges and find efficient solutions.
Whether repairing water damage, removing debris, or restoring your property to its pre-storm condition, our team has the skills and experience to do the job right. Not only does SERVPRO of Midland have an expert team, but we also have access to state-of-the-art equipment and technology. This allows them to provide you with the most effective and efficient restoration services. Our team is trained in the latest techniques and methods, ensuring your storm damage restoration is completed to the highest standard.
When you choose SERVPRO of Midland for your storm damage restoration needs, you can have peace of mind knowing you're in capable hands. Our expert team and years of experience mean we've seen it all and can handle any storm damage situation. You can trust us to restore your home and belongings with professionalism, efficiency, and attention to detail. Don't let storm damage overwhelm you - let SERVPRO of Midland take care of it for you.
So if you ever find yourself facing storm damage, remember to call on the experts at SERVPRO of Midland. With our swift response, comprehensive restoration services, and experienced team, they're well-equipped to handle any storm-related issues.
Don't wait, reach out to SERVPRO of Midland today and get your property back to its pre-storm condition as quickly as possible.
What to Do After a Flood in your Midland, TX business or home?
Storms can cause severe damage to your home—potentially even making them unsafe! SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for catastrophic storm response, and you can call us at (432) 620-0086 to get immediate help.
What You Should Do After a Flood
Even if you were properly prepared for the flood and weathered the storm until it passed, your home could still have sustained heavy damage. Now that the sky is blue once more, how do you proceed? Here’s a look at what to do after a flood:
Just because the sun is shining, and the flood waters have receded, that doesn’t mean all danger has passed. Exercise caution by doing the following:
- Tune into local alerts and warning systems to stay up-to-date with current information and receive expert, informed advice about the flood. After all, additional flooding could still occur.
- Stay away from rushing water. Moving water only 6 inches deep can sweep you off your feet.
- Avoid walking through large areas of standing water, which may be electrically charged by downed power lines. The water could also be hiding broken glass or dangerous animals.
- Unless you are specifically asked for help by the police, fire department, or relief workers, keep out of damaged areas.
- Help emergency workers by staying off the roads in and out of the damaged neighborhood or region.
- If you’re caught in a stalled car during a flash flood, abandon the car and get to higher ground immediately.
- Heed barricades and find an alternate route if you encounter one blocking your way. Crossing bridges even after the water has receded could be dangerous if the structural integrity has been jeopardized.
- Return home only when the authorities permit it. Even then, stay out of the building if it’s surrounded by flood waters and exercise extreme caution when you do enter.
Stay Safe and Healthy
Take care of you and your family as cleanup efforts begin. To stay safe and healthy, remember the following:
- Turn off the home’s electricity at the main breaker box, even if the power is out. Only turn the power on when your home is dry.
- Avoid floodwater, which may be contaminated with sewage, gasoline, or oil.
- Fix damaged sewer systems as soon as possible.
- Don’t drink water from the tap. Listen to news reports to learn when the community’s water is safe to drink again.
Clean and Repair Your Home
- Use the information in the Repairing Your Flooded Home PDF from the Red Cross to learn how to enter your home safely, protect your belongings from future damage, record damage for insurance claims, check for gas leaks, and begin the cleanup process.
- Contact your insurance agent to discuss your claim.
- Hire a professional water damage mitigation company as soon as possible. It’s important that the company is qualified for the services you need. SERPVRO of Midland, TX is available 24/7 to help when you need it most. Not only are we a local command center, but we also have the resources of 1,600 franchises nationwide—meaning no disaster is too big.
Get Help After a Flood
SERVPRO of Midland, TX is prepared for the unpredictable—and you can call us day or night to get disaster relief and recovery. We’re here to help you get back on your feet and make it look like it never happened. Contact us today to start the cleanup process without delay by calling (432)-620-0086
What's the Difference?
What is the difference between a Flood Watch and a Flood Warning issued by the National Weather Service?
- Flash Flood Warning: Take Action! A Flash Flood Warning is issued when a flash flood is imminent or occurring. If you are in a flood prone area move immediately to high ground. A flash flood is a sudden violent flood that can take from minutes to hours to develop. It is even possible to experience a flash flood in areas not immediately receiving rain.
- Flood Warning: Take Action! A Flood Warning is issued when the hazardous weather event is imminent or already happening. A Flood Warning is issued when flooding is imminent or occurring.
- Flood Watch: Be Prepared: A Flood Watch is issued when conditions are favorable for a specific hazardous weather event to occur. A Flood Watch is issued when conditions are favorable for flooding. It does not mean flooding will occur, but it is possible.
- Flood Advisory: Be Aware: An Flood Advisory is issued when a specific weather event that is forecast to occur may become a nuisance. A Flood Advisory is issued when flooding is not expected to be bad enough to issue a warning. However, it may cause significant inconvenience, and if caution is not exercised, it could lead to situations that may threaten life and/or property.
- Information from http://www.floodsafety.noaa.gov/
Stormy Weather Got You Blue?
There's always a rainbow after the storm.
Storm damage can happen when you least expect it and can cause a huge disruption to your life. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Midland is ready and willing to step in and make it "Like it never even happened." Regardless of the cause of the damage—whether from strong winds and fallen trees or flooding from heavy rains —our highly-trained technicians can be quickly deployed anywhere in the Midland, TX area to clean up storm and flood damage. We utilize specialized equipment and techniques to quickly and efficiently restore your property to its preloss state.
SERVPRO of Midland is also a certified Large Loss Response Team, which means we have the size and capabilities to handle significant damages. As a part of SERVPRO's Disaster Recovery Team, we are Faster to any size disaster.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today tel:(432) 620-0086
When heavy rains and high winds hit hard
SERVPRO of Midland is ready to deal with any size storm damage. Give us a call today!!
Quick Response and High Standards Will Leave you Satisfied after Remediation
When heavy rains and high winds hit hard, property destruction and loss can be devastating to you as a homeowner. Structural damage to the exterior of your home is followed by interior devastation from water and winds. Storm damage is rarely isolated to just a few buildings in an area adding the challenge of finding a restoration company that can respond swiftly to your needs to an already anxiety provoking situation. SERVPRO of Midland delivers the help you need swiftly even when a local disaster is widespread as we are able to call upon a network of over 1,650 franchises nationwide to respond if the need is great.
Storm damage in Midland, TX can feel overwhelming, but your fear and panic will disappear when our team of professionals responds to your water, wind and flooding repair and restoration needs. Your particular situation is of paramount importance to us, and you need not worry that your repairs and restoration will take a back seat even when many in your area are struggling to recover from the same issues you face. Choosing our company puts in motion a vast support system, but our local ownership means you will receive a personalized approach to your particular situation, efficiently returning your home back to its pre-storm condition just “Like it never even happened.”
Placing your trust in SERVPRO of Midland for your storm damage needs will reap you benefits that less qualified companies simply cannot deliver. We use state of the art equipment to clean, repair and restore your home and in the process, we also restore your and your family’s peace of mind. Our technicians are highly trained and qualified, current in Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IIICRC) for any procedure needed to bring your home back to the comfortable and comforting refuge you deserve. We also work closely with your insurance company, ensuring that all the work necessary is approved and compensated according to the terms of your policy. Our high standards and relentless drive to do the job on time while meeting local specifications means you and your family will quickly return to the quiet enjoyment of your house and neighborhood. We are not satisfied until you are happily back in your restored dwelling.
Once you make sure that your family is safe after a major storm, your first call should be to SERVPRO of Midland. Dial (432) 620-0086 24/7 and begin the road to recovery by scheduling an inspection with our storm damage experts.
With these storms we've had lately, it's always good to know what to do in case there is a tornado around you.
4 Tip below on what to do if there is a Tornado warning in your area!
1. Figure out a safe place to ride out the storm
Do you live in a mobile home? If so, get somewhere safer. Driving in a car? Get home as quickly as you can, and if that's not possible, get to a sturdy building and take shelter.
2. Get away from windows
Regardless of where you're hunkering down, it should be as far away from windows as possible.
3. If a tornado appears while you're on the road...
You should make every effort to find a safe building for shelter. If you can't find one, NEVER hide under an overpass. Instead, find a ditch, get down and cover your head.
4. Don't leave your home and try to drive away from a tornado
Tornadoes can shift their path, and even if you think you're directly in the line of the storm, being inside shelter is safer than being inside a car.
Heavy Rain fall
When heavy rains and high winds hit hard, property destruction and loss can be devastating to you as a homeowner. Structural damage to the exterior of your home is followed by interior devastation from water and winds. Storm damage is rarely isolated to just a few buildings in an area adding the challenge of finding a restoration company that can respond swiftly to your needs to an already anxiety provoking situation. SERVPRO delivers the help you need swiftly even when a local disaster is widespread as we are able to call upon a network of over 1,650 franchises nationwide to respond if the need is great.
Storm damagein Orlando can feel overwhelming, but your fear and panic will disappear when our team of professionals responds to your water, wind and flooding repair and restoration needs. Your particular situation is of paramount importance to us, and you need not worry that your repairs and restoration will take a back seat even when many in your area are struggling to recover from the same issues you face. Choosing our company puts in motion a vast support system, but our local ownership means you will receive a personalized approach to your particular situation, efficiently returning your home back to its pre-storm condition just “like it never even happened.”
Placing your trust in SERVPRO for your storm damage needs will reap you benefits that less qualified companies simply cannot deliver. We use state of the art equipment to clean, repair and restore your home and in the process, we also restore your and your family’s peace of mind. Our technicians are highly trained and qualified, current in Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IIICRC)for any procedure needed to bring your home back to the comfortable and comforting refuge you deserve. We also work closely with your insurance company, ensuring that all the work necessary is approved and compensated according to the terms of your policy. Our high standards and relentless drive to do the job on time while meeting local specifications means you and your family will quickly return to the quiet enjoyment of your house and neighborhood. We are not satisfied until you are happily back in your restored dwelling.
Once you make sure that your family is safe after a major storm, your first call should be to SERVPROof Midland, TX. 432-620-0086 24/7 and begin the road to recovery by scheduling an inspection with our storm damage experts.
Snow Storm Midland Texas
Now that it is winter here in Midland Texas, we must remember how to prepare for a winter storm. All winter long we get warnings of impending snow. Whether we enjoy the winter season or not, we must be ready at any time for a large amount of snow fall, ice storms, or well below freezing weather.
As for any type of impending storm it is suggested to have enough food and water for everyone who lives in the home to last at least three days. The recommended amount of water per person is 3 gallons. The food should be food that doesn’t need to be cooked or refrigerated. It is also suggested that you have a radio that runs on batteries so you can get updates on what is happening even if the power goes out. Additionally, extra batteries, flashlights and candles should be on hand. If you have a fire place, ensure that the chimney has been cleaned and inspected and that you have wood available. A fireplace, kerosene heaters can be used as alternative heat sources.
There are specific things that can be done right before a winter storm hits. You should fill your gas tank to ensure you have enough gas should you get stuck while traveling. Put blankets and additional winter gear in your car. If possible, you should avoid driving during a winter storm. This will lessen the traffic on the roads and the chance of getting stuck or in an accident.
Check your shovels and snow rakes and put them somewhere that is easily assessable. It is important to keep a shoveled path into your home. Should an emergency arise where emergency responders need to come to the home, it’s important for them to have easy access. Spraying your shovel with WD-40 will stop the snow from sticking to your shovel.
Make sure your cell phones and other electronics are charged and ready for use.
During the storm, should temperatures dip below freezing you should turn all faucets in your home on so they are slowly dripping. This will help keep pipes from freezing, which could save you in the long run from having to clean up water damage. Leaving the cabinet doors open will help your pipes stay warmer. Wrapping towels or newspaper around your pipes to help insulate them should you lose the ability to heat your home.
Ice Storm Midland Texas
The ice from ice storms can accumulate on branches, electrical wires, and other structures. If you need to go outside after ice has accumulated, pay attention to branches or wires that can collapse under the ice that has been accumulated. Stay on guard because large chunks of ice can fall from roofs.
Never touch electrical wires. A hanging wire can still be live with current and can electrocute you. Keep in mind that ice, branches, and electrical wires can continue to fall several hours after the precipitation ends.
Remember that freezing rain, even in small quantities, can make roads very slippery. It is a good idea to avoid driving during freezing rain and for several hours after the storm, in order to allow maintenance teams time to spread sand and salt on the icy roads.
The quick onset of an ice storm, coupled with the risk of a blizzard increased the possibility of extreme hypothermia. If you have a farm, quickly shelter your animals and make sure to supply them with food. Often, during an ice storm and immediately after, feed is temporarily inaccessible. Animals’ reactions are similar during an ice storm and blizzards.
With a forecast threatening more freezing rain, and with two months of winter left to go, it's a good idea to prepare both your home and family for whatever may arise.
The following winter storm home-preparation suggestions may be helpful:
- Make sure flashlights and battery-powered radios are working, and keep extra batteries, candles and matches on hand.
- Unplug sensitive appliances such as the TV, VCR, computer and microwave. If the power goes off, turn off all major electrical appliances.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed. If you lose power, frozen food will generally keep for 48 hours. Discard perishable food that has been at 40 degrees for more than two hours. Odor or appearance is not an indicator that food is safe. When in doubt, throw it out.
- If you use an emergency-heating source such as a wood stove, kerosene heater or fireplace, keep fuels away from the flames and ventilate properly. Never leave a fire unattended.
- If it seems likely that your home will be without heat for several days, drain your water pipes.
If you use a generator, read all the instructions that accompany it and be aware of the hazards that come with misuse. Use a qualified electrician to connect a generator to the house wiring. Never run a gasoline-powered generator in the house-the fumes are deadly.
Since there is no way to prevent nature's winter storms, being prepared in your best defense:
- Create a family disaster plan and practice it regularly.
- Learn and teach others in your family how to turn off electricity, gas and water.
- Store extra blankets and warm clothes where you can find them easily. Layer winter clothing to trap body heat.
- Keep emergency telephone numbers with you.
- Have a first aid kit on hand.
- Stock up on drinking water and canned or dried foods. Be sure to include a non-electric can opener with your supplies.
- Have at least a week's supply of prescription medications on hand.
- Fill your car with gasoline.
- Have cash available.
Even when the winter storm is over, keep a disaster supply kit assembled and replace food, water and other time-sensitive items twice a year. Remember to replenish your kits when the clocks are reset in spring and fall.
After The Storm
Caution even after the storm
AFTER THE STORM
- Never drive through a flooded roadway.
- stay away from storm-damaged areas to keep from putting yourself at risk from the effects of severe thunderstorms.
- Continue to listen to a NOAA Weather Radio or to local radio and television stations for updated information or instructions, as access to roads or some parts of the community may be blocked.
- Help people who may require special assistance, such as infants, children and the elderly or those with access or functional needs.
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately.
- Watch your animals closely. Keep them under your direct control.
- If you have storm damage to your home or property, call SERVPRO of Midland Texas! Timely mitigation is key to minimizing damage to your home and belongings.
Before the Storm Hits
Before the Storm
- To begin preparing, you should build an emergency supply kit and make a family communication plan.
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage during a severe thunderstorm.
- Postpone outdoor activities.
- Remember the 30/30 Lightning Safety Rule: Go indoors if, after seeing lightning, you cannot count to 30 before hearing thunder. Stay indoors for 30 minuets after hearing the last clap of thunder.
- Secure outdoor objects that could have blow away or cause damage.
- Get inside a home, building, or hard top automobile (not a convertible). Although you may be injured if lightning strikes your car, you are much safer inside a vehicle than outside.
- Remember, rubber-soled shoes and rubber tires provide NO protection from lightning. However, the steel frame of a hard topped vehicle provides increased protection if you are not touching metal.
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutters are not available, close wind blinds, shades, or curtains.
- Unplug any electronic equipment well before the storm arrives.
What to do during the Storm
During the Storm
- Use a battery-operated NOAA Weather Radio for updates from local officials.
- Avoid contact with corded phones. Use a corded telephone only for emergencies. Cordless and cellular telephones are safe to use.
- Avoid contact with electrical equipment or cords. Unplug appliances and other electrical items such as computers and turn off air conditioners. Power surges from lightning can cause serious damage.
- Avoid contact with plumbing. Do not wash your hands, do not take a shower, do not wash dishes, and do not do laundry. Plumbing and bathroom fixtures can conduct electricity.
- Stay away from windows and doors, and stay off porches.
- Do not lie on concrete floors and do not lean against concrete walls.
- Avoid hilltops, open fields, the beach or a boat on the water.
- Take shelter in a sturdy building. Avoid isolated sheds or other small structures in open spaces.
- Avoid contact with anything metal - tractors, farm equipment, motorcycles, golf carts, golf clubs, and bicycles.
- If you are not driving, try to safely exit the roadway and park. Stay in the vehicle and turn on the emergency flashers until the heavy rain ends. Avoid touching metal or other surfaces that conduct electricity in and outside the vehicle.
Why SERVPRO after the Storm
SERVPRO after the Storm
Storm and flood damage can be devastating. Immediate action is needed, and you need the company with storm damage experience. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the expertise and the resources to handle any size disaster and can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions.
Regardless of the Storm Damage, They Can Help
Storms occur with little warning and can be especially devastating, so you’ll need the company that you can trust to rise to the occasion. Regardless of the type of storm, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can handle any size disaster. During catastrophic storms and major events, our Disaster Recovery Team can respond quickly with additional resources.
- Flooding caused by heavy rains
- Hurricanes and tidal surges
- Tornadoes and wind damage
- Ice and snowstorms
- Wild fires
They Have the Resources to Handle Storms and Disasters
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have a national network of over 1,700 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Team strategically located throughout the country.